By Maeve O’Connor
Over the past seven days, Direct Relief has delivered 330 medical aid shipments requested in 40 U.S. states and territories and 18 countries worldwideincluding Ukraine.
The shipments contained 9.8 million defined daily doses of drugsincluding mental health drugs, antibiotics, chronic disease drugs, nutritional products, insulin, and cancer treatments.
Since February 24, Direct Relief has provided medical aid weighing over 1.5million pounds, or 750 tonnes, with more on the way. Over the past seven days, shipments including cardiovascular drugs, insulin and antibiotics have left Direct Relief’s warehouse in California, bound for Ukraine.
This week, 52 tonnes of essential medical aid transported by FedEx arrived safely in Warsaw, Poland, for distribution to healthcare facilities in Ukraine. Aid aboard the FedEx Express Boeing 777 cargo plane included significant amounts of emergency medicine and supplies, including health kits, trauma and wound care items, chronic disease medication and exposure to chemicals, as well as antibiotics. All items were provided on demand and approved by the Ukrainian Ministry of Health and local Ukrainian organizations.
This week, outside of the United States, Direct Relief shipped more than 9.1 million defined daily doses medication.
Countries that have received medical aid in the past week include:
Direct relief delivered 309 shipments containing 722,433 million doses of medicine over the past week to organizations including:
• Temple Community Free Clinic, Inc., Texas • Community Care Center, North Carolina • ODA Primary Care Health Center, New York • Wasatch Homeless Health Care dba Fourth Street Clinic, Utah • LaSante Health Center, New York
- Siloam Family Health Center, Tennessee
- The Floating Hospital, New York
- Southwest Diabetes Foundation Camp Sweeney, Texas
- Northwestern Michigan Health Services, Inc. Traverse City Clinic, Michigan
- Ironbound Community Health Center, Inc., New Jersey
BEGINNING OF THE YEAR (GLOBAL)
Since January 1, 2022, Direct Relief has delivered 9,822 shipments at 1,700 health establishments in 52 US states and territories and 79 countries.
These shipments contained 317.2 million defined daily doses of drugs estimated at $1.1 billion (wholesale) and weighing 8.9 million pounds.