The Tifton-Tift County Chamber of Commerce is actively involved with federal, state, and local government agencies to promote the well-being of the citizens of Tift County. In this role, the Chamber is an integral part of the local partnership that promotes responsible and planned community growth that led to the Tifton Community's selection as a Signature Community. In addition, several programs provide leadership training to members of all ages. The following are activities the Chamber enthusiastically supports:
- Develop and facilitate prioritization of a legislative agenda
- Monitor Federal and state legislative activities
- Actively lobby Congress to support local initiatives
- Identify proposed legislation not favorable to Tift County and solicit consensus for opposition
- Provide a forum for political candidates to state their positions
- Organize a community-wide event to highlight local achievements and identify opportunities for state and federal support
- Learning experience for existing and emerging leaders
- Goal is to develop an understanding of promises and opportunities in the community
- Emphasis is on the diversity of the region
- Participants are encouraged to apply lessons to their worlds and become more involved in the community
- Classes are formed every other year
- Participants nominated by supervisors
Youth Leadership: Tomorrow's Aspiring Leaders: Kids! (TAL:K!)
- Fifty-handpicked eight graders who have demonstrated leadership potential
- Handpicked by their respective schools
- Competition is keen
- Complete sessions on government, leadership, and community action
- Active participants in the local Special Olympics
- Chamber has assembled a list of subject matter experts
- Click on the link for speakers for all occasions
Leadership Tifton is recognized as this region's premier program for emerging and existing community and business leaders.
We have planned an exciting year for this upcoming class. Exposure to many facets of Tifton, Tift County, and the State of Georgia will be delivered through programs focusing on economic development, government, agriculture, and education.
These programs will be presented from January through April and will allow the class the opportunity to gather information pertaining to issues relevant to Tifton and Tift County.